In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for contacts)sección de anuncios personales feminine
- Then it suddenly became more personal than personal columns are perhaps meant to be.
- I'm sure you've seen ads in the personal column and wondered if anyone is ever successful with them.
- Even so, many editorials soon took on the flavor of personal columns, and that's how letter writers addressed them.
- They're like an interactive personal column, and that's what they're good at.
- The disappearances seem to be related to ads appearing in the personal column of the newspaper.
- Then there's the entirely different alternate existence in the classified and personal columns.
- Can't you wait a few weeks and do it in the personal columns?
- If you look at the personal columns, you'll often see people admitting that they're ugly or not bright or fat - no-one will ever admit to having no sense of humour.
- I was searching through the personal column of The Times for an opportunity to travel abroad which wouldn't cost me.
- Equally irksome, however, is the trend for outpourings of cloying sentimentality that deface the personal columns at this time of year.
- The personal columns of magazines and newspapers are full of advertisements for counsellors.
- Social and personal columns in the newspapers will definitely be worth watching closely for good value holidays in top quality hotels.
- Through cartoons, poetry, picture stories, and personal columns, newspapers were able to enliven their output and often touch obliquely on sensitive issues.
2British(for births, deaths, marriages)sociales (y necrológicas)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.