In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(nature, disposition)personalidad femininesplit personality — personalidad múltiple
- His characters have definite personalities and aren't just generic.
- The majority of choices in both films seem logical given the particular personalities of the characters.
- They would have to make a character chart listing their personality and qualities.
- There is a major resemblance in the personality traits of most trendy people.
- This is the only way voters can assess the personalities and characters of these people.
- A good mask should be able to express the personality of the character.
- We've all seen her in full flow, holding the room captive with the sheer force of her personality.
- Drawings and dialogue combine to create distinctive personalities for these birds.
- The character design and animations go a long way to present the personalities of different characters.
- In a vivacious woman, not necessarily a pretty one, her personality, charm and character can shine through.
- People are drawn to their sunny personality and easygoing disposition.
- Every character was not only given a defining gesture, stance and voice but also a distinctive personality.
- It becomes obvious in conversation that intellect is still one of the personality traits she admires most.
- The results are chaotic and funny as personalities clash and each character's true love emerges from his or her ordeal.
- My emphasis was very much on the individuals and characters and personalities.
- This is also when you can get to know the personality and character of your prospective sitter.
- You have characters that have strong personalities, but they can do crazy things.
- The style is determined by the personality and character of the publication, and often by the target audience.
- Instead it is a study of the personality traits of successful people.
- This is the bunk in which the wrong combination of personalities creates bad chemistry.
1.2(personal appeal)personalidad femininehe's got a lot of personality — tiene mucha personalidad
- He had an extremely dark sense of humour and so much personality.
- It has that sense of unassuming warm-heartedness and personality.
- They felt Coolidge was too quiet, that he lacked color and personality.
- On top of all that, Charles says they have bucket loads of personality.
- They have no personality, and if you try and study them closely in the dream, you can't make out any detail on their face.
- Not that it matters anyway: we're probably more interested in personality and passion for the role than test points.
2.1(public figure)personalidad femininefigura feminine
- Regular columns like interviews with famous personalities allow readers to have a feel of what helped people come up in life.
- The book's final pages are dedicated to memories of famous personalities and places that are no more.
- There is only one possible reason for a book such as this, the autobiography of a television personality.
- I suppose I was questioning the whole idea of what a celebrity or a personality is.
- Much of their life is in the pages and before you ever meet these famous personalities, you know a ton about them.
- We do not value age in our television personalities, he laments.
- They cannot rise to become famous media personalities by ‘speaking what they often hear’.
- But maybe we shouldn't be too surprised at the contestants' failure to develop celebrity personalities.
- They had tons of posters, equipment and maps about famous battles and personalities.
- How many remember the old school in which they studied before becoming famous personalities.
- She had a fund of anecdotes and her good-humoured mimicking of personalities is justly famous.
- On Sunday are two resort walks looking back at places associated with the early life of two of Morecambe's most famous personalities.
- If given a chance, are there any famous movie stars or sports personalities you would like to meet?
- Also, children may enjoy street soccer together with some famous players and personalities.
- They were also asked to identify famous personalities, after showing their distorted picture.
- There remains the question of the distinction between a television star and a television personality.
- Pupils at the school have named sections of the centre after famous Farnworth personalities.
- But would a single company be able to manage the competing egos of the print and television personalities?
- The resort's seclusion attracted him more than the chance to see any celebrity personalities.
- Over the last few years, the media world has lost many of its most famous personalities.
2.2personalities plural(personal abuse)personalismos masculineto descend to personalities — caer en personalismos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.