In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(nature, disposition)personalidad femininesplit personality — personalidad múltiple
- This is also when you can get to know the personality and character of your prospective sitter.
- The character design and animations go a long way to present the personalities of different characters.
- We've all seen her in full flow, holding the room captive with the sheer force of her personality.
- People are drawn to their sunny personality and easygoing disposition.
- The style is determined by the personality and character of the publication, and often by the target audience.
- Every character was not only given a defining gesture, stance and voice but also a distinctive personality.
- Drawings and dialogue combine to create distinctive personalities for these birds.
- His characters have definite personalities and aren't just generic.
- It becomes obvious in conversation that intellect is still one of the personality traits she admires most.
- The results are chaotic and funny as personalities clash and each character's true love emerges from his or her ordeal.
- My emphasis was very much on the individuals and characters and personalities.
- This is the bunk in which the wrong combination of personalities creates bad chemistry.
- The majority of choices in both films seem logical given the particular personalities of the characters.
- In a vivacious woman, not necessarily a pretty one, her personality, charm and character can shine through.
- This is the only way voters can assess the personalities and characters of these people.
- You have characters that have strong personalities, but they can do crazy things.
- There is a major resemblance in the personality traits of most trendy people.
- A good mask should be able to express the personality of the character.
- They would have to make a character chart listing their personality and qualities.
- Instead it is a study of the personality traits of successful people.
1.2(personal appeal)personalidad femininehe's got a lot of personality — tiene mucha personalidad
- It has that sense of unassuming warm-heartedness and personality.
- Not that it matters anyway: we're probably more interested in personality and passion for the role than test points.
- He had an extremely dark sense of humour and so much personality.
- They have no personality, and if you try and study them closely in the dream, you can't make out any detail on their face.
- On top of all that, Charles says they have bucket loads of personality.
- They felt Coolidge was too quiet, that he lacked color and personality.
2.1(public figure)personalidad femininefigura feminine
- She had a fund of anecdotes and her good-humoured mimicking of personalities is justly famous.
- The book's final pages are dedicated to memories of famous personalities and places that are no more.
- If given a chance, are there any famous movie stars or sports personalities you would like to meet?
- But would a single company be able to manage the competing egos of the print and television personalities?
- We do not value age in our television personalities, he laments.
- They cannot rise to become famous media personalities by ‘speaking what they often hear’.
- Pupils at the school have named sections of the centre after famous Farnworth personalities.
- There remains the question of the distinction between a television star and a television personality.
- Also, children may enjoy street soccer together with some famous players and personalities.
- How many remember the old school in which they studied before becoming famous personalities.
- Over the last few years, the media world has lost many of its most famous personalities.
- Regular columns like interviews with famous personalities allow readers to have a feel of what helped people come up in life.
- There is only one possible reason for a book such as this, the autobiography of a television personality.
- The resort's seclusion attracted him more than the chance to see any celebrity personalities.
- But maybe we shouldn't be too surprised at the contestants' failure to develop celebrity personalities.
- Much of their life is in the pages and before you ever meet these famous personalities, you know a ton about them.
- They had tons of posters, equipment and maps about famous battles and personalities.
- They were also asked to identify famous personalities, after showing their distorted picture.
- On Sunday are two resort walks looking back at places associated with the early life of two of Morecambe's most famous personalities.
- I suppose I was questioning the whole idea of what a celebrity or a personality is.
2.2(personal abuse)personalismosto descend to personalities — caer en personalismos
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.