In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine vehículo blindado
- You cannot take your tanks and personnel carriers everywhere.
- Armored personnel carriers and military trucks patrolled the city and its vicinity as officials appealed to residents to remain indoors and keep their homes locked.
- Armored personnel carriers and hundreds of elite troops armed with semi-automatic weapons occupied the palace grounds.
- The companies received munitions and transported it on tanks, personnel carriers, or whatever other vehicles they could use.
- The evolution of armored vehicles, cars, and personnel carriers has paralleled the development of the tank.
- The battle was over, but he ran and attacked the personnel carrier, banging on it with his hatchet.
- It was an inglorious combat debut for the Army's first new personnel carrier in 30 years.
- Armoured personnel carriers were also heading south.
- Target arrays consist of tanks and personnel carriers.
- They're going after tanks, personnel carriers.
- These rings compare to standard commercial scope rings like a military personnel carrier compares to a pickup truck.
- There were two personnel carriers and soldiers jumping out of them.
- Armoured personnel carriers were known as tracks, and tanks and tracks were often crewed by tankies.
- The battalion travelled in a convoy of 12 with heavy machine guns mounted on top of the personnel carriers.
- Combat engineer battalions in Army heavy divisions have historically traveled the battlefield in the venerable M113 personnel carrier.
- Armored personnel carriers were deployed to secure the palace while truckloads of troops guarded police and military camps.
- There were heavy, two-ton personnel carriers, motorcycles with sidecars, and ceremonial sedans.
- These checkpoints usually have one or two police officers stopping all vehicles with other officers in armed personnel carriers manning machine guns.
- The convoy of armoured Army personnel carriers looks at home as it lumbers through scarred streets, soldiers in helmets peering out.
- In 1939, tanks were in short supply, and infantry personnel carriers were virtually unknown.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.