In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is nothing heartless about his intelligence or his perspicacity.
- Your perspicacity in phrasing such a question is a source of wonder to me.
- It is, moreover, written with an attention to syntax commensurate with the author's historical perspicacity.
- Few can observe their impulses with perspicacity.
- Artists, like great religious leaders, show amazing perspicacity in this respect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.