In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(belong to)pertenecer a algothe assets which pertain to the business — los bienes que pertenecen al negocio
- While the individuals pertaining to those groups may argue that they feel they are viable blood donors, why take the risk?
- To steal anything pertaining to this story would be plagarism and illegal, so please, don't.
- The adjective ‘gastric’ applies to all things pertaining to the stomach.
2(have to do with)concernir a algo
- The university relations officer works to represent students on all matters pertaining to governance of the university.
- Though for some, the matters pertaining to the most recent mandate were yet to be concluded.
- In addition, they have consistently been looked to by society for expert advice on matters pertaining to health.
- To determine whether a right of way exists in the first place is an inherently different issue from matters pertaining to its usage.
- This one could be considered with all seriousness, as it pertains to all important health matters.
- In the public perception, all matters pertaining to health are the responsibility of the appropriate Ministry, or perhaps it should be so.
- Similarly, on its return route, the bus should bear the related PIN pertaining to its destination.
- The standing committees are basically two groups of members consulting on various matters pertaining to the city council.
- He also troubleshoots matters pertaining to industrial unrest.
- We will be familiar with matters brought before council and will read all material pertaining to them.
- He is a learned man in most matters that pertain to art.
- Apparently, the residents held a meeting the other day in the building to discuss matters pertaining to the same.
- The party is independent of the state in matters pertaining to the police and youth, but everywhere else the state stands above the party.
- Cross-examination need not be confined to the matters pertaining to the charges.
- My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe.
- But will it be possible to cover all aspects pertaining to management in such a short time?
- In the past, it was unheard of to discuss fiscal matters pertaining to security wings.
- I have received a number of related questions pertaining to this issue, so I will do my best to explain.
- As with any association, certain matters pertaining to codes of conduct and standards need to be addressed.
- They are particularly ignorant, I found, when it comes to matters pertaining to the military.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.