In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He said the pesticide used on GM crops did not affect soil or water and was extremely safe.
- Today billions of dollars are spent in pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
- Do not pour pesticides or herbicides down sinks, drains or toilets.
- High prices are charged for manure, pesticides and other items needed by farmers.
- Occupational exposures to pesticides and organic solvents are suspected risk factors.
- Organic contaminants include residues of pesticides and other agricultural chemicals.
- And he said that crop spraying and pesticides were also posing a serious threat.
- In recent years, the use of pesticides in agriculture has been increasing steadily.
- While raising the plants and shrubs sparingly use pesticides, as they may harm or even kill the birds.
- The cost of pesticides and other damage-control methods have landed farmers in deep debt.
- The pesticides being produced were organophosphates, carbamates and pyrethroids.
- It is the rat breeding season when many people use pesticides and poisons to kill off the rodents.
- At present pesticides are currently tested on animals and released for sale at a tenth of the harmful strength.
- The synthetic pyrethroids are more stable than the pyrethrins, and are equally or more potent pesticides.
- Diazanon is a pesticide used again in agriculture, but also used around the home.
- There have now been calls for all organophosphate pesticides to be banned.
- The ECPA also said that cutting back on pesticides could hit farmers' incomes.
- The pesticides used in conventional farming lead to many diseases, including cancer.
- Once volatilized, a pesticide can move in air currents away from the treated surface.
- Farmworkers who come into contact with insecticides and pesticides are prone to chronic illnesses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.