- The court heard he had been injecting himself in the arms and legs for six months with pethidine, a pain-relieving drug normally given to women in labour.
- Those who were allocated an epidural had no more back pain in the year after delivery than controls who received intramuscular pethidine.
- He looked pretty sick, so I started treatment with intravenous fluids and antibiotics, followed by pethidine, which made him doze off for a while.
- Pain was treated with oral paracetamol, intravenous pethidine, or tramadol.
- Midazolam and pethidine were used for conscious sedation as needed.