In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1petit-four masculinepastelillo masculine
- And mignardises were exactly what I had in mind when I bought my new Flexipan molds, the one for little tartlets and the one for hemispherical petits fours.
- It can also be baked lightly to make small biscuits and petits fours, akin to macaroons.
- The desserts are fabulous and with coffee and petits fours the bill came to £70 (inc G&Ts, a bottle of Chénas and a port).
- As a tea-time treat, we had some petits fours that I bought at the French cake shop the other day.
- Inexplicably no one brought petits fours with our coffee, although they appeared together with coffee on the itemized bill.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.