In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(woman) chiquita(woman) menuda(size) para mujeres menudas
- Classic Japanese and Thai restaurant, Zen, is recruiting petite women as waitresses at the restaurant.
- A set of feet came quickly down the staircase, letting into view the figure of a petite woman in a loose white dress.
- The young lady was petite and delicate featured.
- She was petite with delicate features and hands that seemed to be ageless.
- Following him was a petite woman who also was in her mid forties but didn't look a day over thirty five.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.