- The fossilization process known as petrifaction usually begins when a tree or log is buried in silica-rich, alkaline volcanic ash or mud.
- Though reddish-brown and hardened by petrifaction, the original character of the wood was still evident.
- In petrifaction (sensu stricto) the organic cell walls may decay and be replaced by another phase of minerals, usually with a similar chemical composition to the first phase.
- We are constantly told that geological processes like petrifaction, fossilisation, and stalagmite formation take millions of years - an unimaginably long time.
- One consequence of focusing on the process is that we know it is incorrect to say petrification takes millions of years.
- I started glowing in my absolute petrifaction of the dark.
- Padlin's petrification seemed to reassure the boy.
- Liberalism provides valorization of the individual subject and the rule of law against the reactionary potential of institutional petrifaction and authoritarian principles.
- Kinamori looked at him, absolute petrifaction written on her face.
- Chalisse looked at her chosen man and saw his petrification.