- Mild skin chafing will respond to drying talcum powders or lubricating ointments such as petroleum jelly, whereas more severe or ulcerating sores may require rest, sitz baths and appropriate ulcer management.
- Treat dry skin with a moisturizer that contains lipids - oils - like petroleum jelly.
- Salicylic acid and other wart treatments also destroy healthy skin so it is important to protect the skin around the wart - use petroleum jelly or a corn plaster to cover it.
- If the adhesive has already dried, the application of antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly for 30 minutes will loosen the polymer for removal.
- For nasal soreness, apply petroleum jelly or vitamin A or D ointment in the nostrils and around the edges.