In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja chica femininedinero para gastos menores masculinebefore noun petty cash book — libro de caja chica / de gastos menores masculine
- A separate investigation is ongoing into the disappearance of petty cash from the Council's Planning Office.
- Any amounts below $100 can be claimed through petty cash using an expense claim form.
- You stole the £1 coins we had set aside for our petty cash.
- Police in Trowbridge are warning retailers to stop leaving petty cash in their stores overnight after burglars broke into a town centre hairdressers.
- There is also a reminder that cash must not be kept on the company premises with the exception of petty cash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.