In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pH masculinoit has a pH of 7 — tiene el pH 7
- At relatively alkaline pHs (found under stress), even very low ABA concentrations found in the xylem of well-watered plants will limit leaf growth rate.
- Prof. Lilley who had no experience in measuring the pHs of surfactant solutions having a high solids content was surprised to see a 0.3 difference in measurements.
- At specific concentrations and pHs, these dyes identified the distribution of macromolecules such as proteins, lipids, nucleic acids, or polysaccharides in the developing egg chamber and other tissues.
- Non-enzymatic reduction of DHA by reduced glutathione in phosphate buffers of different pHs was also measured in a separate cuvette at the same time.
- Additionally, another 5 to 16% is excreted daily into the gastric juices, since TCAs have a pK a of 9.5 and are highly ionized at acid pHs, thereby favoring concentration in the acid stomach.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.