In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Clearance of apoptotic cells by phagocytes is crucial in maintaining tissue homeostasis.
- Histologic studies have shown polymetric birefringent particles surrounded by mononuclear phagocytes and multinucleated foreign body giant cells.
- Fc receptors mediate various effects on immune cells, including proliferation of B cells and phagocytosis by phagocytes.
- Endothelial cells and mononuclear phagocytes are likely cellular mediators of lung IRI.
- Following IVIG therapy in patients with ITP, platelet counts generally rise, apparently by Fc receptor blockade of splenic phagocytes and other reticuloendothelial cells.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.