In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(discipline)química farmacéutica femininefarmacia feminine
- As Langenheim demonstrates, the list of uses of resins in folk medicine and pharmacy alone is huge.
- Ever mindful of his training in pharmacy he did not fail to criticise what he saw as defects in The London Pharmacopoeia.
- Green and herbal tea can be found in pharmacies and other types are prevalent at the local supermarket.
- What we are doing is offering an extension of the family planning service within the pharmacies.
- They can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies and health food shops.
- First aid kits are readily available from Boots and other pharmacies in a range of sizes.
- Young women aged 16 and over can obtain emergency contraception over the counter at pharmacies.
- You can buy a range of essential oils over the counter in pharmacies, health food shops and even supermarkets.
- Herbal cigarettes, sold in pharmacies and health stores, have a very limited market.
- Hyoscine is available as tablets that can be bought without a prescription from pharmacies.
- Remedies specifically for teething are available from pharmacies, supermarkets and health food stores.
- St. John's Wort is a popular complementary medicine, available in health food stores and pharmacies.
- Currently, the licensing of pharmacies is regulated by the local health authority, or primary care trust as it is at the moment.
- At the doses recommended on products available in pharmacies and health food shops, the ingredients appear to be safe.
- You can buy the pills at some private clinics and from most pharmacies.
- A variety of creams, gels, paints and medicated plasters are available from pharmacies.
- Organ Donor Cards and Factfiles are available at all pharmacies and doctors' surgeries.
- It should not be sold over the counter at pharmacies without a prescription though.
- Dutch pharmacies are allowed to prepare their own formulations and to modify commercial preparations.
- Individual tablets are being sold in pharmacies without appropriate diagnosis or supervision.
- Folic acid tablets can be obtained from pharmacies, large supermarkets, health food stores and by prescription.
- A range of shampoos, emollient products and some topical steroid preparations can be bought from pharmacies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.