In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(discipline)química farmacéutica femininefarmacia feminine
- Ever mindful of his training in pharmacy he did not fail to criticise what he saw as defects in The London Pharmacopoeia.
- As Langenheim demonstrates, the list of uses of resins in folk medicine and pharmacy alone is huge.
- Folic acid tablets can be obtained from pharmacies, large supermarkets, health food stores and by prescription.
- Hyoscine is available as tablets that can be bought without a prescription from pharmacies.
- Young women aged 16 and over can obtain emergency contraception over the counter at pharmacies.
- What we are doing is offering an extension of the family planning service within the pharmacies.
- A range of shampoos, emollient products and some topical steroid preparations can be bought from pharmacies.
- You can buy the pills at some private clinics and from most pharmacies.
- You can buy a range of essential oils over the counter in pharmacies, health food shops and even supermarkets.
- Dutch pharmacies are allowed to prepare their own formulations and to modify commercial preparations.
- Herbal cigarettes, sold in pharmacies and health stores, have a very limited market.
- At the doses recommended on products available in pharmacies and health food shops, the ingredients appear to be safe.
- A variety of creams, gels, paints and medicated plasters are available from pharmacies.
- Individual tablets are being sold in pharmacies without appropriate diagnosis or supervision.
- It should not be sold over the counter at pharmacies without a prescription though.
- Currently, the licensing of pharmacies is regulated by the local health authority, or primary care trust as it is at the moment.
- They can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies and health food shops.
- Green and herbal tea can be found in pharmacies and other types are prevalent at the local supermarket.
- St. John's Wort is a popular complementary medicine, available in health food stores and pharmacies.
- Organ Donor Cards and Factfiles are available at all pharmacies and doctors' surgeries.
- First aid kits are readily available from Boots and other pharmacies in a range of sizes.
- Remedies specifically for teething are available from pharmacies, supermarkets and health food stores.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.