In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As a result of this delayed phenology, the natural climatic conditions the plants experienced may have selected for early flowering regardless of competition treatment.
- Flowering phenology is mainly under genetic control, implying that a detailed study of flowering phenology must consider plants at the individual level.
- Other investigations suggest a fundamental role for plant phenology in the population dynamics of oak herbivores.
- The ecology of Typha is well-known, with several studies on phenology, production rate, competitive superiority and gas transportation into the below-ground biomass.
- Many oak traits may act as selective mechanisms, including tree age, seasonal phenology, and chemical and structural defenses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.