In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Plasticity is the property of a given genotype to produce different phenotypes depending on the environment.
- The observed data are the genotypes and the quantitative phenotypes of the subjects.
- A classic forward genetics approach relies on the identification of observable mutant phenotypes.
- For a parent with observed phenotypes, its actual genotypes can be inferred similarly.
- A quantitative model with additive effects was used to link genotypes to phenotypes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.