1(in US)asociación de personas que se han distinguido en sus estudios
- He graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Howard University with a degree in economics after spending his junior year at The London School of Economics and Political Science as a Luard Scholar.
- She earned her B.S. degree in 1937 at the University of Oklahoma, Phi Beta Kappa, and received the Sigma Gamma Epsilon Scholarship Award for Outstanding Senior in Geology.
- We are not told how many African American students ranked in the top quarter or the top tenth of their classes, graduated with honors, or made Phi Beta Kappa.
- Carson is a Rhodes Scholar with a goody-two-shoes image - Phi Beta Kappa, White House fellow, Legal Services Award winner, etc.
- After a stint at the State University of New York at Old Westbury, he transferred to Columbia and graduated magna cum laude, with election to Phi Beta Kappa.