In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(screw/screwdriver) de estrella(screw/screwdriver) Parker trademark
- The only tools required are a socket wrench with a long extension, a Phillips and regular screwdriver, and a hex key set.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, attach the lock to the screen with screws and cap nuts.
- Once you install the screws by hand, you'll need to use a Phillips head screwdriver to tighten them.
- Trying to use a tool poorly suited for the job (like a slotted screw driver on a Phillips screw) often leads to poor results and frustration.
- I told them if a Phillips screwdriver would not fit, then we could alter the screw to make a flat head screw driver fit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.