In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(subject)filosofía femininethe philosophy of science — la filosofía de la ciencia
- He still hopes to study the philosophy of cultures and ancient art.
- Plato has a claim to be the first philosopher to establish philosophy as a subject.
- One of the fundamental tasks of philosophy has always been to determine what belongs to nature.
- If you want to really get into and informed discussion on philosophy and the nature of reality, then take some courses at college.
- Some of the fundamental problems of philosophy are no closer to being solved today than they were at the time of the Greeks: Why is there something rather than nothing?
- The nature of philosophy is itself a philosophical question.
- These connections were severed for a time when empirical psychology and speculative philosophy went their separate ways as academic disciplines.
- The philosophical claim of the end of philosophy as a discipline, with the end of ideology and history, has led to diverse reactions.
- Theology ‘is an academic discipline like philosophy, English literature or the classics,’ he said.
- He is competent in diverse academic fields such as philosophy, metaphysics, Kalam, history and literature.
- Leaders of every academic discipline - politics, philosophy, economics, history, science and mathematics - have united to attack Marx.
- On the other hand, philosophy as discipline gets some of its ‘legitimacy’ from claiming to be a form of engagement with the world.
- He very likely engaged in some kind of inquiry about whether or not to begin the formal study of philosophy in the first place.
- Heidegger meant to tear up universal notions of reason to restore philosophy on the basis of a pre-reflective and more rooted ‘being-there’.
- Indeed, logic's relation to reality may be the fundamental question of philosophy.
- Those who question the existence of African philosophy argue that philosophy is rooted in epistemology and metaphysics.
- At its broadest, we might say that philosophy is concerned with knowledge of how things are the way they are.
- Socrates, after all, rejected everything in philosophy that could be thought of as academic.
- It is important to note that we often have to look beyond academic philosophy to find the women who were influential social philosophers.
- I really like philosophy, especially existentialism.
2(particular school, belief)filosofía femininelive and let live: that's my philosophy — mi filosofía es vive y deja vivir
- The philosophy of the campaign echoed the ethos of his Department in the care of older people.
- In his latest book Smith argues that science, along with its attendant philosophies of naturalism and materialism, has systematically eclipsed this big picture.
- The philosophy of the dance has a physical part (which you practice) and, as with yoga, a philosophical part.
- Whether correct or not, Kant's suggestion has provided the cornerstone of many subsequent philosophies of the self, from that of Schopenhauer to those of Husserl, Heidegger, and Wittgenstein.
- Compatibilist philosophies seek to reconcile free will and determinism in a modern time.
- The philosophy of switching to pharmacy medicines or over the counter medicines is to empower the patient to participate more fully in his or her health care.
- This is because traditional notions of determinism in positivist and empiricist philosophies of science produced the odd idea that causation in the human world is agent-less and is not a force.
- At Jena, Hegel published a long pamphlet on the differences between the philosophies of Fichte and Schelling: in every case, in his opinion, Schelling's view was to be preferred.
- The philosophy of putting the user first is applied with specific commentary on the misuse of error messages, toolbars, and other common elements.
- The popularity of Jacques Derrida's philosophy among academics is hard to understand except as a symptom of decadence.
- The philosophy of the festival is that we're an intimate blues festival, all blues, nothing but the blues, no distractions from the blues.
- The philosophy of the park is underlined by the actual conservation of the animals, with each enclosure keeping close to their natural habitats.
- The philosophy of the Young Irish Film Makers is to provide young people with the freedom to learn through doing.
- The philosophy of the camp is to connect teenage girls with the mind, body, and spirit.
- The philosophy of some aircraft manufacturers still is to specify castings only in places where failure of the part cannot cause loss of the airplane.
- Are Nietzsche and Heidegger the fathers of philosophies of existence partly because Germanic creates this semblance of physicality and there-ness?
- The philosophy of ‘live by the camera, die by the camera ‘must also be on the minds of some editors.’
- The philosophy of ‘lock em up and throw away the key’ isn't the answer to the epidemic of violence that has overtaken our streets in the last few years.
- Urban schools provide a different context for the development of knowledge, attitudes, and philosophies that guide the behaviors of beginning teachers.
- The philosophy of the paper throughout both its news and its company structure has been ‘Question everything.’
- The philosophy of the fund is to invest in its four favoured vice areas of defence, drink, tobacco, and gambling.
- The philosophy of functional build originated in Japan and is an offshoot of lean manufacturing.
- Analytic philosophy did eventually develop social, ethical and political philosophies; albeit one's that turned away from the historical.
- The philosophy of auctions took off in the '90s, and one can grant de facto property rights without de jure property rights.
- The naturalistic philosophies of the non-religious do not play the same kind of high profile role in political and civic life as do the supernaturalist ideas of their religious counterparts.
- The philosophy of this institution is that investment in information technology results in the staff feeling supported and thus more efficient.
- Both Nietzsche and Hegel recognize the need to work out their philosophies within, and in response, to culture.
- He attacked or dismissed their metaphysical beliefs, and particularly the philosophies of history of Hegel and his successors.
- The philosophy of selecting the best available player will be critical in the second and third rounds because the team will expect its first three picks to play right away.
- The philosophy of the parole office was to be supportive to the offender, but maintain a role as a monitor of behavior.
- The philosophy of disguising your shortcomings while emphasising your favourite features has now evolved from personal mantra to words on the pages of her new book, Put on Your Pearls, Girls!
- There certainly appears to be a tension between a mechanistic philosophy and a humanistic outlook.
- The atheistic philosophies of Nietzsche and Heidegger declared that human authentication is not derived from God.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.