In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When they are irritated they narrow, the muscles around them tighten, and there may be an increase in production of sticky mucus or phlegm.
- You've probably seen - and heard - them in the gym: people sniffling, sneezing, coughing up phlegm.
- A coughing fit brought up some more thick phlegm.
- COPD (similar to chronic bronchitis) is a disease which narrows the airways, causing excessive amounts of phlegm to be produced and causes shortness of breath in its later stages.
- The remedy has a particularly potent curative effect on chronic bronchitis, coughs, and asthma due to excessive phlegm.
- However, susceptibility to respiratory morbidity varies among smokers and chronic cough and phlegm production and other respiratory-related morbidity occur in nonsmokers.
- Production of phlegm, shortness of breath, and wheezing were significantly more prevalent in exposed than in reference subjects.
- If the disease progresses and cavities form in the lungs, the person may experience coughing and the production of saliva, mucus, or phlegm that may contain blood.
- This herb should not be used by those with wind cold conditions such as the common cold when there is phlegm nor should it be used when there is Spleen deficiency with diarrhea.
- Drinking lots of fluids, especially water will help to reduce phlegm and mucus.
- During this time, active smoking decreased, particularly in men, as well as slightly did the prevalence of respiratory symptoms, such as phlegm and cough.
- In a comparison of a low-pollution rural and a high-pollution urban area in Italy, the residents of the latter had a greater prevalence of respiratory symptoms, except chronic phlegm.
- Children exposed to secondhand smoke are also more likely to have reduced lung function and symptoms of respiratory irritation like cough, excess phlegm, and wheeze.
- You may begin with a dry cough, then produce phlegm as the cold progresses.
- Wheeze is just one of a constellation of common respiratory symptoms, including cough, phlegm, and shortness of breath.
- Acute bronchitis is a clinical diagnosis designating an acute respiratory tract infection in which cough, with or without phlegm, is a predominant feature.
- Our purpose was to identify the following major symptoms of chronic respiratory airways diseases: chronic cough, chronic phlegm, dyspnea, and wheezing.
- As a result, they can't cough out phlegm and sometimes develop respiratory infections that can quickly become serious.
- Several respiratory symptoms among plywood workers have been found, including cough, phlegm, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and chest colds.
- A cough is a reflex action to clear the airways of mucus, phlegm, irritants or a foreign body.
- Immigrants living among people from the same country in a kind of ghetto therefore have no incentive to overcome their phlegm and finally learn German.
- Phlegm (taken in a good sense) is the temperament of cold reflection and perseverance in the pursuit of one's end.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.