- Panini was a Sanskrit grammarian who gave a comprehensive and scientific theory of phonetics, phonology, and morphology.
- Roman Jakobson's good friend, that arch-structuralist aristocrat Nikolai Sergeevich Trubetzkoy, famously said that phonetics is to phonology as numismatics is to economics.
- Dan is now a distinguished specialist on Amazonian languages and professor of phonetics and phonology at the fine Department of Linguistics at the University of Manchester in England.
- To analyse language and to define language disorders most linguists divide language into four domains: phonology, grammar, semantics, and pragmatics.
- Semantics is not even in second place; what comes next in respect to time devoted to it in linguistic curricula is phonology (the study of speech sounds).
2(sound system)fonología feminine
- Pidgins and Creoles do not have a single phonology and phonology remains the least stable system in otherwise stabilized pidgins.
- Differences in phonology can usually be associated with the geographic location of the speaker.
- While these languages shared phonology and grammar, they had entirely different vocabularies.
- While this research demonstrates that phonological previews aid in the processing of the target word, evidence from individual difference studies suggests that phonology is not used in the same manner by all readers.
- His remarks on French, focus on syntax and semantics, all but omitting phonology, phonetics and orthography.