In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sesión fotográfica para la prensa femininefoto protocolaria feminine
- Taiwanese actress Shu Qi poses at the Palais des Festivals during the photocall of Millennium Mambo, by Taiwanese director Hou Hsiao-hsien, in Cannes yesterday.
- Yesterday Brosnan's itinerary was packed full as he bolted about the city from photocall to photocall and interview to interview and party to party.
- The Sun newspaper, which used the images, was temporarily banned from Clarence House photocalls.
- Certainly they won't be able to forget him - he's on the official team photo, having evaded tight security and got on to the pitch in full kit by mingling with photographers until moments before the photocall.
- And although they don't go in for photocalls, we're allowed to snap candid shots during the video shoot.
- The cast of The Lad Aladdin took time off rehearsals yesterday for a photocall ahead of the show, which opens next Thursday.
- In between all this, she nips to a photocall to help promote the NSPCC charity.
- But, for example, she did the photocall to promote the Lottery when it began.
- US actor Dennis Hooper makes a point to his daughter Ruth Anna during a photocall at the San Sebastian film festival on September 23.
- Traditionally, the main party leaders have united in support of EU treaties, generally posing for a joint photocall once the campaign begins.
- This is only a photocall anyway and she's still got two more interviews for radio to do.
- According to his friends, he is not a man cut out for such photocalls.
- The identity of the happy winner will be revealed today at a photocall at the De Vere Hotel at Shaw Ridge.
- When we gather for a photocall for this article, it's a good opportunity to admire the work of the women.
- Except that when they popped outside for the photocall, the actors found themselves becoming the unexpected beneficiaries of the fictional bogus charity.
- But Downing Street sources said there were no immediate plans for a photocall.
- News of the police investigation could not have come at a more inappropriate time for Yorkshire, who were today holding their photocall at Headingley followed by the start-of-season lunch at Elland Road.
- Suspicions began to develop when several people tried to set up a photocall with the local press to publicise its success.
- Hollywood actress Halle Berry poses during a photocall to promote her latest movie Catwoman in Barcelona on Friday.
- Sky News Ireland does not turn up to news stories where you have a couple of models holding a logo with a bottle of champagne, which is what seems to be the mainstay of photocalls in Ireland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.