In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1célula fotoeléctrica feminine
- The light passing through each filter is detected by the photocell, where it is converted to an electrical pulse.
- Single flies were loaded into glass tubes and each glass tube was clamped between the diodes of the photocells.
- The receiver uses a photocell or photodiode to detect the light.
- In the presence of a magnetic field, the amount of laser light that is absorbed by the atoms changes and this is detected by a photocell.
- We used a battery of twenty photocells and lasers, enough to register an object as small a fly passing by.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.