In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In addition, the carrier molecule may also protect some dyes from chemical, photochemical or radiolytic degradation.
- This is a problem for museums because photochemical oxidation is not required; the reactions take place in the dark.
- Photoproduct levels may reflect the net photochemical effects of light and oxygen within tissue on native photosensitizers.
- One influential school of thought focuses on the effects of oxidation reactions brought about by active oxygen species generated by photochemical reactions involving blue and UV light.
- The small rings are made to move around the big ring by bathing them in light of different wavelengths; the light energy fuels the photochemical reaction to break the hydrogen bonds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.