In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- New technologies have re-introduced iconic information via television, computers, photocopiers, fax machines and the Internet.
- While this broad category includes heavy machinery, it's also where statisticians place computers, fax machines, photocopiers and printers.
- Ultimately the quest is to create a photocopier that copies objects!
- Such a device will do the functions of a printer, a scanner, a photocopier and a fax machine.
- It has been burgled on a number of occasions and lost most of its equipment, including a photocopier and a fax machine.
- A growing application of tellurium is in electrical and electronic devices, such as photocopiers, printers, and infrared detection systems.
- Does she believe that Parliament is acting in accordance with the intention of the New Zealand waste strategy, and is it leading by example when it refuses to purchase recycled paper for use in its printers and photocopiers?
- That last proviso might have given whale oil entrepreneurs the power to veto electric lighting or allowed mimeograph machine manufacturers to nix photocopiers.
- Employees who didn't resign or retire were moved to other stores selling office machines such as photocopiers, he said.
- Increasingly instructors require effective and up-to-date libraries, computerized databases and Internet sources, photocopiers, fax machines, projectors, and video.
- The hotel's business centre has all a corporate guest needs to do work, with such facilities as secretarial assistance, computer rentals, fax machines, translators, photocopiers, internet and more.
- Just as he was about to make what, in retrospect, can be identified as his breakthrough, he detoured into a series of conceptual works involving photocopiers and fax machines.
- You might remember the Soviet Union once had strong controls and licensing of photocopiers and fax machines - and look at where it got them.
- Its business centre provides access to PCs with Internet connection, printers, fax machines, photocopiers, mobile phones, and full secretarial and translation services.
- The telephone, the camera, the photocopier, the fax machine are all old hat, but they remain for me no less mysterious than the miracles of Christ.
- Cuba has banned sales to the public of computers, along with photocopiers, printers, and mimeograph machines.
- People had been here for hours and taken anything they could get their hands on - computers, coffee machines and even some photocopiers.
- Laser printers and photocopiers emit ozone, a gas known to cause eye, nose, and throat irritation and headaches, and impair your ability to stay focused.
- I'd say they were left over from the days of duplicating machines, before photocopiers.
- Similar battles were fought over the printing press, photocopier, mechanical piano, radio and television.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.