In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Too much of the potential triggering energy of the degraded gammas is dissipated in Compton and photoelectric interactions.
- A structure or space in the shadow of an efficient photoelectric generator surface already possesses this characteristic.
- It soon became clear in the next few years that the particles emitted in the photoelectric effect were indeed electrons.
- A solar cell uses the photoelectric effect to create an energy imbalance within the cell which can be used to drive some load.
- Materials of high atomic energy may exhibit photoelectric absorption, the energy of gamma rays is then transferred to an electron, which is then ejected from the atomic shield.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.