In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also photofit picture
1retrato hablado masculineretrato robot masculine Spainretrato reconstruido masculine Mexico
- The cover of his new book may feature the classic Ripper mugshot alongside the numerous - and uncannily accurate - photofits received by police during the years, but this is not a book about Peter Sutcliffe.
- However, it's nice to know that e-fits aren't much better than the old photofit style, considering this: The similarity is a bit worrying, isn't it?
- The bizarre guitarist looks like a police photofit of Captain Sensible.
- They would also have taken in from the interviews that the police made clear that there were others whom other people had identified from the photofit.
- Police today issued a photofit of a man they believe tried to abduct a five-month-old baby from its mother's car.
- According to the authors of Phony Blair, they have already sold similar systems to police forces - the idea being to prepare photofits of crooks which have a more realistic look.
- The photofit is made up from the facial features of several celebrity mugs, and comes as part of a Nestlé survey to find the Ultimate Smooth Guy under its campaign supporting Polo Smoothies sweets.
- It is notoriously difficult to prosecute cases of alleged child sexual abuse, unless the accused is a photofit of what we consider a paedophile to look and behave like.
- Neither do they do photofits of wanted Wasps on Crimewatch.
- Although Travers had picked him out in an identity parade, the magistrate had earlier produced a photofit that bore little resemblance to Haughey and police could find no forensic evidence in Haughey's home.
- It is a police photofit picture of the 5ft 6in to 5ft 10in armed robber.
- Later he was kept in jail for three days because he bore a resemblance to a photofit shown on Crimewatch.
- Mr Gilmartin said with the help of a photofit artist he could paint the man's picture.
- A police constable recognised the photofit picture as being that of Alan whom he had previously arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
- Gardaí in Dublin hope the photofit, below, of a suspect will help in their hunt for a man who violently robbed six taxi drivers in just over 24 hours.
- So the demonic paedophiles staring wildly from newspaper photofits are victims too.
- He was eventually caught when he was recognised by a member of the public from a photofit and DNA test.
- With a click, the photofit of a woman appeared on the screen.
- A photofit is being put together by Avon and Somerset police.
- From bomb defusals and poisonous gas attacks to photofits and deadly shooting galleries, the simulations are designed to test all manner of user reflexes as well as memory and cognitive responses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.