In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fotógrafo masculinefotógrafa femininepress photographer — reportero gráfico masculine
- she's a keen photographer — le gusta la fotografía / sacar fotos
- He also earned himself a reputation as a documentary photographer in wartime.
- No matter how horrific the image, the photographer has documentary evidence on his side.
- Even the most amateur of photographers can snap perfect shots in this idyllic place.
- I was surrounded by about 100 photographers who had their cameras trained on me.
- At what point should a photographer put away the camera and remember his humanity?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.