In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(copy/evidence) fotográfico(shop/magazine/equipment) de fotografía
- It is designed to capture the exact photographic moment during an action shot.
- The hallucinatory quality of the scene is enhanced by the precise, almost photographic technique.
- The Pickfords have also provided full details of the photographic equipment they used.
- Within a few minutes I am clicking away to photographic fame and fortune on my Sony digicam.
- This unique collection of photographic art comes in a beautiful hardcover book.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.