In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This overall approach has better three-dimensional capabilities and is more flexible and biocompatible than either photolithography or microcontact printing.
- For this we utilize photolithography in combination with a recently described polymer lift-off technique.
- This mask is then used in a process called photolithography to deposit the portraits in aluminium on to a wafer of silicon.
- In the first, DNA is spotted onto a glass slide; in the second, oligonucleotides of 15-30 nucleic acid base pairs are synthesised on to a silica slide by a process known as photolithography.
- Core technologies of a company include high-resolution photolithography, microminiature 2-D and 3-D electro-forming, thin-film vacuum deposition, and ion-beam etching.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.