In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But for the front cover, the head of his Superman figure was replaced with an old Curt Swan photostat.
- The print on some of the photostat and carbon copy sheets has faded and these items are particularly flimsy.
- The first bootleg fake books, photostat collections of Tune-Dex cards, were published in 1949.
- Later, he dispensed with objects and photographs and concentrated on language itself, enlarging words and their dictionary definitions in black-and-white photostats.
- Trajectory series consists of collaged photostats onto which Unite has worked with a variety of media, predominantly charcoal.
- The photostats are monochrome, of course, and the figures seem to float in a kind of brown twilight.
- It is a matter of speculation who it was that obtained the draft advice or a photostat of it.
- He caught a glimpse of the heading on the photostat in her hand, still moist from the wall-receiver: Ministry of Population.
- At one point, a character in 2085 wants to look up a newspaper article from 1938; she calls the operator and has a photostat in her hands within a few minutes.
- He was in and out making photostats and checking details on a computer in another office for each party.
- Exhibit 1, a photostat of these items, indicates that these are the items found in the garage.
- On receipt of this letter I wrote to Dr. Bhagavantham, enclosing a photostat copy of Mr. Shoji Hattori's letter.
- I can only invite readers to write in their queries and I will do my best to answer, possibly by photostats from some better informed writers.
- She sent photostats of it to young Jewish scholars who had loved her.
- Moreover, this player lent Nicky his driving-licence, and Nicky enclosed a photostat of it to back up his story.
- It was certainly not a typewriter, let alone a photostat machine.
- What appeared to be the ink drum of a broken photostat machine rolled across the floor and glass crunched underfoot as Sizani and his entourage stepped over pieces of overhead projectors.
- The block which housed office equipment, photostat and fax machine, typewriters, a book depositor which stored text-books and stationery, furniture, science kit and other valuable equipment was burned to the ground.
transitive verbphotostatting, Photostatting, Photostatted, photostatted
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.