In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To avoid the production of oxygen via photosynthesis, plants were kept in the dark.
- Anthocyanins are water soluble pigments but are not involved in photosynthesis.
- Carbohydrate depletion and reduced photosynthesis are the main effects of submergence on plant tissues.
- Many forms are capable of photosynthesis and hence resemble plants in the way that they obtain energy.
- Stomata are involved in two of the most important plant processes, photosynthesis and transpiration.
- Evidence is increasing of a new player in carbon metabolite regulation of photosynthesis.
- It is created, as we have seen, during photosynthesis, when organisms strip oxygen from water molecules.
- Normally the proportion of the two isotopes of carbon is simply controlled by the rate of photosynthesis in plant tissues.
- Drought reduces productivity by inhibiting plant growth and photosynthesis.
- Carbohydrates accumulate in plants during the autumn as rates of photosynthesis begin to exceed growth.
- As injury progresses, heavily damaged leaves lose their green colour and photosynthesis is much reduced.
- When maize encounters water deficits, there is a decline in photosynthesis per plant.
- Light is necessary for photosynthesis in plants, but the supply of light in natural environments is not constant.
- Their job is to absorb the rays from the sun to begin the process known as photosynthesis.
- In addition, rates of light-limited photosynthesis and oxygen yield are decreased in the mutants.
- These results are consistent with the previous report that water stress inhibits photosynthesis.
- It has long been known that magnesium availability to plants imposes limits on photosynthesis.
- These populations do not have the ability to utilize exogenous bicarbonate for the process of photosynthesis.
- This is an integrative trait, reflecting both light and dark reactions of photosynthesis.
- Possible use of serine derived directly from photosynthesis was ignored in this analysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.