In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He now worked on thermodynamics, publishing three papers on applications to physical chemistry and thermoelectricity.
- This branch of physical chemistry determines the equilibria of ionic reactions and their response to changes in external variables.
- Much of physical chemistry is based on theories and math.
- She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
- But then unlike most of his physical chemistry colleagues Zare is equally fascinated by analytical chemistry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.