In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1físico masculinefísica feminine
- In doing so, he educated several generations of physicists in statistical mechanics in a style rare in this century.
- A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.
- In 1934 the Hungarian physicist Leo Szilard filed a patent with the British Patent Office.
- Maybe the end is in sight for theoretical physicists, if not for theoretical physics.
- But then, being a physicist, Pieranski did something that few mathematicians would think to do.
- The brilliant physicist, Richard Feynman, did poorly in some subjects.
- The idea of counting as physicists all students who obtain any degree in physics is a bit of a stretch.
- For years physicists have wondered how a crumpled sheet can be so extraordinarily rigid.
- This is another reason why physicists have become so impressed by string theory.
- However, the fascination of physicists with the natural world shows no sign of ending.
- In fact, mathematicians and physicists were among the last to latch on to the importance of symmetry.
- Unfortunately, a quick straw poll revealed two engineering students, two physicists and a maths graduate.
- Now physicists have spotted the equivalent result in photons flying near an atom.
- A form of pragmatism, it was expounded by an American physicist, Percy Bridgman.
- Early last century, a physicist called Wolfgang Pauli invented a particle to help his sums balance.
- From then on the twenty-three-year-old physicist could call himself Dr. Stephen Hawking.
- So fate not only made me a physicist, but it also made me a computer scientist.
- Even a biologist must trust what a physicist says about quantum mechanics.
- Little wonder that these machines are proving to be so popular with physicists.
- Even physicists concede that quantum physics is mostly irrelevant to large scale phenomena.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.