In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1físico masculinefísica feminine
- Even a biologist must trust what a physicist says about quantum mechanics.
- Little wonder that these machines are proving to be so popular with physicists.
- In doing so, he educated several generations of physicists in statistical mechanics in a style rare in this century.
- However, the fascination of physicists with the natural world shows no sign of ending.
- Now physicists have spotted the equivalent result in photons flying near an atom.
- Maybe the end is in sight for theoretical physicists, if not for theoretical physics.
- In fact, mathematicians and physicists were among the last to latch on to the importance of symmetry.
- For years physicists have wondered how a crumpled sheet can be so extraordinarily rigid.
- In 1934 the Hungarian physicist Leo Szilard filed a patent with the British Patent Office.
- Even physicists concede that quantum physics is mostly irrelevant to large scale phenomena.
- Unfortunately, a quick straw poll revealed two engineering students, two physicists and a maths graduate.
- So fate not only made me a physicist, but it also made me a computer scientist.
- A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.
- This is another reason why physicists have become so impressed by string theory.
- But then, being a physicist, Pieranski did something that few mathematicians would think to do.
- Early last century, a physicist called Wolfgang Pauli invented a particle to help his sums balance.
- A form of pragmatism, it was expounded by an American physicist, Percy Bridgman.
- The idea of counting as physicists all students who obtain any degree in physics is a bit of a stretch.
- The brilliant physicist, Richard Feynman, did poorly in some subjects.
- From then on the twenty-three-year-old physicist could call himself Dr. Stephen Hawking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.