In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The subjects being offered include biology, computing, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- One of the most contentious subjects in modern physics has been quantum mechanics.
- One of the models and/or concepts used excessively in physics is the potential energy well.
- In making these points, Edwards had the backing of the mechanistic and deterministic Newtonian physics of his day.
- He began by stating that patterns of energy are nature's basic information system and that physics is about energy and matter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.