In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The basic human sciences involved are anatomy, physiology, and psychology.
- Accurate measurement or prediction of muscle mass is useful in physiology, nutrition and clinical medicine.
- He had great intellectual curiosity and eagerly applied physiology to patient care.
- I have taken many classes dealing with physiology and biology, and there's no way that animals are that similar to us.
- Now sports science has lots of branches to it these days, from physiology to biomechanics, dietetics to psychology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.