In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The diet which builds up their titanic physiques also harms their health in the long term.
- The physique is magnificent: muscles ripple beneath the diaphanous folds of the toga.
- By 1540, Henry had become fat and he had lost the muscular physique he had when he was younger.
- Furthermore, proportional physiques simply look better and bigger.
- A lot of people want to build their physiques right now!
- Cormier explained how his views on physique perfection were shaped by the ideal aesthetic physiques of the past.
- Try as we might, we can never ultimately build flawless physiques.
- Because of this, the people of these places have naturally developed different physiques, complexions, customs, clothing and food.
- At the pinnacle of sport, elite athletes often do battle in equipment built to their individual physiques and needs.
- Of course, we know there is also a lot of expert evidence about average bodies and average physiques and techniques and the like, but there are weights.
- So then, why is it that so many people just can't build impressive-looking physiques?
- The heroic muscular physiques in the magazine caught young Brock's attention and fed his desire to work out.
- While this technical work was going on, Faldo was also developing his physique and his mind.
- They are useful in the treatment of debilitated patients to help restore their physique.
- Had his career unfolded more smoothly he may not have developed the physique which will muscle him into Vogts' squad.
- The past weeks have been spent developing his physique and his technique.
- The men are nearly identical in height and size and possess strong, muscular physiques.
- It's extremely refreshing to read articles concerning issues about women and seeing women's developed physiques.
- These are the basic exercises that have been used to build championship physiques year after year.
- At least it provided an opportunity to note once more how admirably proportioned his huge physique is.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.