In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pi is the constant created by the relationship of every diameter to its circle.
- Saying that pi is 3.14 without addressing the fact that it goes on infinitely afterward overlooks the true essence of the number.
- If one knows that the area of the circle equals pi times the square of the radius of the circle then one can also compute pi from that relationship.
- So far, pi has been calculated to 1.24 trillion decimal places with the aid of a supercomputer.
- The circumference of a circle can be found by multiplying pi (which is equal to 3.14) by the diameter of the circle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.