In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In between he pursued a highly successful musical career as a pianist and composer.
- A singer, composer and pianist, her music has now spanned over four decades.
- Listening to great lieder singers influenced me more than other pianists because of the song element.
- In general, however, the fantasia became a potpourri of themes from operas compiled by virtuoso pianists as display pieces.
- This is an excellent resource for piano pedagogy classes and for pianists interested in wellness issues.
- Most important, both pianists splendidly bring out the harmonic adventure of the pieces.
- At certain times there is live music provided by a pianist or instrumentalist.
- What a thrill to see the looks of joy and hope on the faces of the small-handed pianists as they looked up at their professors and peers.
- The theatre had a pianist who played music according to what was happening on the screen.
- Lessons have enabled her to appreciate the great pianists and the master composers.
- When playing fortissimo, pianists should remember that volume is not a function of weight alone.
- Turning around a last corner, she finally had a clear view of the piano and its pianist.
- Many of our members are collaborative artists, either as pianists or vocalists.
- They are both superb musicians and pianists able to infuse music with genuine, deeply felt expression.
- It is said that the world's greatest pianists attended Horowitz concerts to witness his legendary feats at the keyboard.
- Where power and speed were concerned, few pianists from the past century had a technique to match his.
- Some pianists tend to perform Mendelssohn's two piano trios as though they were piano concertos.
- It's much easier to appreciate the virtuosity of the pianists, to be sure.
- The studios have pianists and sometimes drummers or other musicians who improvise as the dancers dance.
- This article also touches on how knowledge of the piano's working can help pianists avoid physical injury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.