In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1afinador de pianos masculineafinadora de pianos feminine
- Secondly, on average, professional piano tuners fail to tune notes more accurately than about 8 cents.
- You can never expect a piano tuner to be entirely happy working with an electronic keyboard, but rarely have I felt so frustrated.
- After it was delivered, a piano tuner examined it and said it was beyond repair.
- With an electronic tuner and little training, maybe anyone could become a piano tuner, but there's still the need for experience and learning how and when to make fine adjustments.
- My father was also a piano tuner and had a workshop at the back.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.