In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(size)(of printing type) cícero masculine(of typewriter type) pica feminine
- If you are (still) using a typewriter, it doesn't matter whether your work is typed in pica (10 characters per inch) or elite (12 per inch) typeface.
- You can control the property with percentages, as I have done here, or with ems, exs, inches, picas, centimeters, millimeters or pixels (px).
- This requires that the editor read with a pica ruler and a calculator, a weird and not particularly pleasant way to read poetry.
- But another suspicious aspect to me was that it had been typed in "pica" typeface rather than the smaller "elite" typeface that was used in all the office letters that I had obtained from the Library archives.
- The paper should be typed in pica (10 characters per inch) or elite (12 characters per inch).
- Text that previously sat 12 picas wide now could fit in an 11 pica wide column.
- All matter to be reproduced by Xerography or a similar process shall be typed in pica type, double-spaced.
- Newsprint folks have to consider points and picas.
- The standard font and margins were agreed upon because early scripts were typed in pica with one-inch margins.
- For high resolution pictures, you will need to find a minimum photo size, in inches or picas, that your publisher wants for publication.
1malacia femininepica feminine
- In addition, childhood behaviors like repetitive hand-to-mouth activity and pica predispose the child to ingestion.
- This tendency was aggravated by apparent pica (an abnormal craving) that prompted him at various times to inhale the terpene camphor and to ingest other products containing terpenes, namely his oil paints and turpentine.
- Some pregnant women, for example, have stopped eating nonfood items after they were treated for iron deficiency anemia, a common condition among pregnant women with pica.
- Other studies note an association between pica and addiction or addictive behaviors.
- Rarely, a person with iron-deficiency anemia may experience pica, a craving to eat nonfood items such as paint chips, chalk, or dirt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.