1lucio americano masculine
- Think of the superb species of fish that come from our coastal waters - salmon, cod, halibut, lobster and sole - added to the freshwater fish such as pickerel, shellfish and whitefish.
- They are E. americanus americanus, commonly known as the redfin pickerel, and E. americanus vermiculatus, known better as the grass pickerel.
- Other common fish inhabiting the pond were largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides, chain pickerel Esox niger, golden shiners Notemigonus crysoleucas, and fathead minnows Pimephales promelas.
- The skate was wonderfully tender and moist, and the Manitoba pickerel was a real delight - it's very delicate, so pan-frying is the right method for cooking it.
- ‘Funny,’ I said, ‘I remember catching pickerel and perch, and at night listening to Uncle Joe's great ghost stories.’