In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1moldura de madera para colgar cuadros feminine
- The first of these has a large living area to the front with timber wall panelling, a picture rail and an open fireplace.
- Double doors lead through to the dining room, which also has ceiling cornicing, a picture rail and a mahogany fireplace, as well as a fitted storage cupboard.
- Add a simple detail, such as a picture rail or shelf along one wall, to display framed prints or small collectibles like perfume bottles.
- It is is decorated in orange and has wainscot panelling, ceiling coving, a picture rail and recessed lighting.
- A traditional porch with tiled floor leads to the wide entrance hallway, which has polished timber floorboards, a picture rail and ceiling coving.
- The two bedrooms on this level are both doubles with ceiling coving, a picture rail and sash window.
- We also took the opportunity to put back a ceiling rose in the original style and will be re-fitting a picture rail to highlight the proportions of the room.
- The lounge has two windows overlooking the front garden, along with original ceiling coving, a picture rail and a large, attractive fireplace.
- When the frocks were finished they were hung around the picture rail.
- The dining room, which is to the right of the hallway, also has coved cornicing, a picture rail and a fitted gas fire.
- A tiled porch at the front of the house leads into an L-shaped hallway with wooden floorboards, a coved ceiling and a picture rail.
- Behind this is a spacious entrance hall with a picture rail, ceiling coving and understairs storage.
- It features pine floors, an architrave window, a picture rail and a cast iron fireplace.
- To the right is a living room with an exposed timber floor and lavender-coloured walls with a picture rail.
- This room overlooks the front garden and has a picture rail and double-height ceiling.
- A cast-iron fireplace with a tiled inset forms the focal point and period features include ceiling coving and a picture rail.
- We decided that we'd be immensely bold and go for a lovely deep red colour for the walls and that everything above the picture rail, including the ceiling, would be gold.
- There is also ornate cornicing in this room, depicting flowers, along with a picture rail and a dado rail.
- A large open fireplace with a marble surround is the focal point of this room, which also features a picture rail and dado rail.
- The room boasts original coving, high ceilings, a picture rail and two sash windows overlooking the front of the property.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.