In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plato fuerte masculine
- The pièce de résistance was a white silk front flounce gown.
- The pièce de résistance is a curvy fifties bar, which has its own light system and a corny old martini shaker on the counter.
- But all these were to be overshadowed by the pièce de résistance - the Taj Mahal at Agra, arguably the most perfect mortuary building in all Islam.
- The pièce de résistance was the appearance of a massive bald eagle, born in Scotland.
- The pièce de résistance is a crêpe, not a pancake, thin and quite dense and slightly sweet, wrapped around who knows how many sausages and filled with bright-orange melted cheese.
- But the pièce de résistance of all such schemes was the one based on ‘the powder of sympathy.’
- The pièce de résistance is the laconium steam room, which boasts an enormous amethyst crystal that is said to have calming and healing properties.
- I just wanted to dispose of that before getting to the true pièce de résistance.
- I selected the fillet of red mullet as a warm-up to the pièce de résistance - the pigeon de bresse.
- The fashion show, in a huge, walled-off, darkened area of hall, is the Fair's pièce de résistance - and it's packed.
- The pièce de résistance was the enlarged orchestra's traversal of Mahler's Symphony No 1 in D (Titan).
- The pièce de résistance, though, was a gargantuan platter of seafood overflowing with everything from lobster all the way down to razorfish.
- But the pièce de résistance was an under-5-inch-tall lone speaker that could be placed anywhere, indoors or out.
- But the real pièce de résistance has to be the excellent polo facilities, which are also available to guests.
- After a spot of bird-watching in the Bharatpur avian sanctuary, you'll travel to see the pièce de résistance, the Taj Mahal.
- The pièce de résistance is the property's unusual decked roof terrace in cedar wood with bamboo plants, used to host summer cocktails
- For me, the pièce de résistance came in the form of the Hell's Angels filming sequences.
- His pièce de résistance was the gigantic national assembly in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The true pièce de résistance has to go to the artists and the mood set out by their artwork.
- It took me four years to discover the one true pièce de résistance of English cooking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.