In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poco sistemáticoin (a) piecemeal fashion — de manera poco sistemática
1(gradually) poco a poco(unsystematically) de manera poco sistemáticadevelopment has proceeded piecemeal — el desarrollo ha sido irregular
- I acquired my furniture piecemeal — me fui haciendo con los muebles poco a poco
- The Court might seek to change parts of it piecemeal and over a period of time as this would appear to be less provocative towards an elected body.
- One major problem of this piecemeal approach is that the source of distortions is obscured.
- He said that the changes to the ministry were being done on a strategic basis and were not piecemeal or temporary.
- He said a traffic survey of the whole estate was needed rather than taking a piecemeal approach.
- More than six writers took turns hacking at the story-line, which resulted in a rather piecemeal plot.
- The piecemeal approach means that there is some repetition and that the conclusions are necessarily modest.
- Because of the high cost and complexity of the project, it's been built piecemeal.
- Despite this the approach seems to be piecemeal and applied only to initiatives at the margins of health policy.
- In comparison, all other tax deduction measures are too piecemeal, and too minimal, in effect.
- They should not be allowed to do piecemeal work but lay a fresh road.
- He believed the entire matter should be put back for one month to prevent the matter being done piecemeal.
- Otherwise, change through the present client system would only lead to piecemeal change.
- Recently we have seen some good developments but we have also seen some botched piecemeal developments.
- The union is against plans to introduce the change to a six-term school year being introduced across the country in a piecemeal way.
- The script is written in a piecemeal fashion depending on the availability of artistes, both male and female.
- For many years, a lot of hard-working people have tried to tackle those problems in a piecemeal fashion.
- So he is forced into a feebly slow, piecemeal approach to an issue where boldness above all is required.
- The inquiry should ask why a piecemeal approach was allowed, and why different sets of stalls are used in tests and on courses.
- Some see that as a kind of visionary genius that goes beyond limited piecemeal approaches.
- They agreed that it demanded a concerted response, not piecemeal action.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.