In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hemorroides femininealmorranas feminine
- Unfortunately confusion still exists among lay people and doctors, who misuse the terms haemorrhoids and piles to cover a variety of complaints.
- Stomach ulcers, piles, ulcerative colitis (inflammation of the colon) and bowel cancer may cause bleeding in the gut and result in anaemia.
- Surgical removal of piles is called haemorrhoidectomy.
- Like varicose veins, piles often improve or disappear completely after the baby is born, but occasionally surgery is needed.
- A Dalit woman who had come to a local private nursing home for treatment of piles, allegedly died because of doctor's negligence.
- Haemorrhoids, also known as piles are rather like varicose veins in the canal of the anus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.