In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1funda femininealmohadón masculine Spain
- The bed she was in had sheets and pillowcases made out of gold silks, and the most comfortable down blanket that she ever felt.
- The mangling process is simply passing linens - sheets, tablecloths, pillowcases and the like - between rollers subjected to a very considerable weight to smooth them out.
- All sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, and any blankets should be washed weekly.
- The wallpaper around them was a textured red with speckles of gold, but a gaudy look was avoided with the neutral silk, cream bedspreads, pillowcases and curtains.
- Frequent changing and washing of pillowcases, bed linen and sheets keeps the dust mite population in the bedroom to tolerable levels.
- I tossed a blanket on the bed and put a new pillowcase on the pillow.
- Egyptian cottons are used to create bedding of all types from sheets to pillowcases to comforters.
- Wash sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least once a week.
- Wool from sheep is woven into colorful fabrics that are then used for pillowcases, covers, blankets, carpets, and bags.
- Store your quilt in a pillowcase or sheet, or roll it onto a muslin-covered tube.
- Children also should not share eyedrops, tissues, eye makeup, washcloths, towels, or pillowcases with other people.
- She called up to Noelle to dump all the pillowcases and bed sheets downstairs, so I could take them to the Laundromat.
- She had hot pink sheets, with matching pillowcases, as well as a dark purple comforter, and lavender throw pillow.
- One of my favourite fantasies is to have clean, fresh-air-dried sheets, and starched and ironed pillowcases and duvet cover, every day.
- I sat there in my king sized bed with my favorite green cover and pillowcases.
- Her bed was covered in black sheets and pillowcases with a pink Hello Kitty design on the bedspread.
- On the eye-level shelf, fitted double sheets lie in one pile, single flat sheets in another, pillowcases in a third.
- She made the bed over again, turning the sheets and pillowcases inside out, fluffing the pillows.
- The bottom sheet was a dark indigo color, along with my duvet cover and pillowcases.
- I was sweating so profusely that the sheets and the pillowcases were soaked.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.