In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Competing against a friend to see who can wrack up the highest score is what makes pinball fun.
- He shouted at her over the beeps and dings of pinball machines and video games, pointing toward the back.
- The cars never see the inside of a garage, because you wouldn't notice them there and because the garage is full of archaic games and pinball machines.
- They vandalized the arcade and 40 pinball machines and injured six security personnel guarding the arcade.
- What's more, he keeps on bringing up some stupid pinball game on the computer so that I can't see the map properly.
- Other residents lost a collection of old board games, pinball machines, vintage clothes and old books.
- Earlier this month Sega said it was planning to merge with Sammy Corporation, a maker of pinball gaming machines and software.
- This is also a good movie because your parents can go out to the lobby, play pinball and then come back without losing the plot.
- The mechanics, look and gameplay of pinball are pretty limited.
- I doubt that it would have gotten as much play time if it was some run-of-the-mill pinball machine with a generic theme.
- The game is part pinball, part fast-moving Sonic-esque adventure in which the pinballs can be made to jump to collect gold coins.
- A quick tour of the camp turned up more cute boys than we could count, and a pinball machine in the game room.
- We strolled around through the flashing, neon lights and loud pinball machines.
- If Gina wouldn't go there was always someone else willing to hang out and watch me play pinball with me instead of going home.
- With six floors it covers everything from pinball machines to video games.
- Once we had this cool old pinball machine that some old guy named Clancy left.
- Jared and Jake where in an intense game of pool while Mike was playing with the pinball machine when I walked in.
- And while you play pinball you have another game playing together.
- I yelled while trying to score something on the stupid pinball machine.
- Sammy is famous for making pachinko machines, which are apparently a cross between a slot machine and pinball.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.