In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piña feminineananá feminine River Plate
- Mix noodles with first six ingredients and pour over brown sugar, pineapples, and cherries.
- Freezing berries and slices of strawberries and pineapple in ice cubes before dropping into glasses of good, ordinary white and red wines is another hot-day treat.
- Apricots, oranges, strawberries, and pineapples added orange, red, and yellow colors to the table.
- Sugared pastries, chocolate-filled croissants, pineapple and other fruit juices, arranged in a simple but elegant display, filled one-half of the table.
- These consumers ‘customize’ Kool-Aid by adding oranges, grapes, pineapples, fruit juice, and club soda.
- Taro leaves are one of the various green vegetables used together with a variety of tropical fruits like bananas, pineapples, and mangoes.
- Peel the pineapple, slice it and cut it in chunks.
- The lively, aniseed-spiked Granny Smith and exotic fresh pineapple fruit of this tried and trusted Aussie Chardonnay continues to impress.
- In stainless steel bowl, combine pineapple, cilantro, pepper and zest and mix gently.
- This gentle peel is based on active substances found in two tropical fruits, pineapple and papaya.
- Made from apples, grapes, peaches, pears, pineapples, berries or other fruit, these sweeteners have the consistency of thick syrup and an intense flavor.
- Tropical fruits such as pineapple, passion fruit and wood apple are combined with coconut milk to create unforgettable mocktails.
- The other day I wanted to make a tropical salsa with pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, red onion and cilantro as a side dish.
- Fruit such as pineapples, coconuts, oranges, mangoes, bananas, apples, and lychees are subject to seasonal availability.
- Exotic foods such as potatoes, tomatoes, bananas, pineapples - fruits and vegetables of the New World, were unknown here.
- Meals are uncomplicated, made from fresh produce sold to the resort by local villagers: live mud crabs trussed up in vines, shiny Spanish mackerel, big juicy pineapples.
- Now, those industries have gone and globalisation means that we can buy sun-drenched pineapples, mangoes and passion fruit in the middle of winter.
- My favorite fruit components include mango, lychee nut, pineapple, guava and strawberries.
- The teams with two members transformed vegetables - pumpkins, beetroots, carrots - and fruits such as pineapples into lovely dolls.
- Give a banana split a healthy twist by adding sliced banana to vanilla yogurt then top with fresh fruit like pineapple, blueberries or strawberries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.